How we work
Berkshire Partners was founded in the mid-1980s to create a private equity firm built upon successful relationships, thorough analysis and collaborative participation. These goals and values continue to shape the way Berkshire works and thinks. Stockbridge Investors was founded within Berkshire Partners in 2007 in order to apply Berkshire's private equity approach to the public securities marketplace.
We seek to achieve superior long-term investment returns for our investors:
- In our private equity business, we seek to partner effectively with management teams to realize the full potential of their companies. Our investment strategy has produced returns that have consistently ranked us in the top quartile of our industry for more than 25 years.
- In Stockbridge, we strive to use our research focus, experience and relationships to identify highly attractive investments in public securities that can produce exceptional long-term investment returns on both an absolute and relative basis.
We seek to act in a manner consistent with our core values:
- Honesty, fairness and the highest ethical standards.
- Analytic rigor, open debate and logic-based judgments in our investment process.
- Enduring relationships with our investors, management team partners, outside capital sources and service providers.
- Teamwork, inclusiveness and consensus decision-making.
- Longevity and continuity of our team, attracting and developing talented individuals who contribute to the firm's performance and culture.
- Professional development of our staff and balance in their lives through commitments to family, community service and other outside interests.